Individually Defining "Peace"
What is the first thing that comes to mind when you define peace?
There are no limits or right or wrong answers to this question…so what is your first thought?
– Breathing Easily?
– Understanding Clarity?
Knowing what peace means to you has to be the first step in creating what you want. Maintaining the value of how you define peace will carry you through countless situations and positions in your life. So, take a moment and write down what it means for you. Allow your mind to wander and become completely engaged with what it is you seek for your life.
Creating Your "Peace"
Peace is something that only you can create for yourself. Please do not define and then discourage yourself if you cannot create what you know to be “peace.”
The real value of peace is held exactly where you want it to be. So, start from the beginning with baby steps:
1. Take on one area of your life and do it diligently.
2. Course-correct and readjust your timeline, needed steps, etc., when it is necessary (don’t wait to do this).
3. Generate positive environments in your immediate circles of life – home, relationships, partnerships, business processes, etc. This means changing the daily view of the world around you.
4. Be patient with yourself while things begin to shift.
5. Lead with intention and integrity.
6. Know that there is no such thing as perfect.
7. Do not let external or internal depictions and perceptions shift your aim.
What is it that you want to have? Keep that answer in mind and stay focused. This, of course, does not mean that you will always easily grasp what you aim for, but it does mean that nothing can stop you except you. Now, ask yourself what you will do when something different from your aim comes about. The answer should be that you will continue to push forward. If that is not your answer, even in a future moment, you need to gain some mental strength. Your awareness, clarity, and ability to “recover” after difficult moments will be of value here. This can be a very good time in which you seek outside help from consistent and reliable sources. Are you ready and willing to do the hard work?